As a plastic surgeon, the driving force of what I do is to enhance the lives of my patients. Whether I am helping them to look better, or improving their health, it’s always rewarding to help someone feel more confident. I have been fortunate to obtain the experiences and training to become a facial plastic surgeon, and I am grateful that I can have the privilege to improve my patients’ lives. I strive to listen to each person’s needs and achieve the results they seek.
Dr. Cote’s Experience
I have had a great deal of diversity in my career. I had a 12-year career in the United States Army before joining FacesFirst, which included overseas assignments as Chief of Otolaryngology for U.S. Forces in Korea. I gained extensive experience in facial reconstruction while treating many of the war wounded from the Iraq and Afghanistan operations. I also served as Chief of Facial Plastic Surgery for four years and served as Chief of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at Walter Reed. In addition, I worked as the otolaryngology consultant to the White House Medical Unit. My background of training in ear, nose, throat, head and neck surgery and facial plastic surgery allows me to balance both form and function in the treatment of problems in the face, head and neck area. I am double-board certified in both otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery with more than 20 years of experience, which allows me to provide the most advanced treatments available in these subspecialty surgical fields. Aside from being double-board certified, I am also fellowship trained in facial plastic surgery, involving additional intensive surgical training under the scrutiny of other surgeons.
My areas of greatest expertise include:
- Aesthetic and functional rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Aesthetic surgery of the face and neck, including facelifts, browlifts and eyelifts
- Facial liposculpture and volume rejuvenation
- Minimally invasive cosmetic treatments and surgery of the head, face and neck, including the latest advancements in laser and light therapy
- Advanced reconstructive techniques of the face, head and neck for problems caused by injury or illness, such as skin cancers
- Medical and surgical treatment of facial paralysis
- Medical and surgical treatment of nasal obstruction
Dr. Cote received his undergraduate education at the College of the Holy Cross and Oxford University. He then became a Harvard University Research Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Cote received his medical degree from Tufts University. Dr. Cote’s surgical internship and residency were completed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and National Naval Medical Center in Washington, D.C. His Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical fellowship training was completed at Johns Hopkins University Hospital.
- Dr. Cote enjoyed a 12-year career in the United States Army and was honorably discharged as Lieutenant Colonel
- Chief of Otolaryngology for U.S. Forces in Korea
- Chief of Facial Plastic Surgery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
- Chief of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Walter Reed
- Otolaryngology Consultant to the White House Medical Unit
- Faculty member in the Otolaryngology Surgical Residency program at Walter Reed, training future surgeons in many areas of expertise, such as facial reconstruction
- Extensive field experience in facial reconstruction while treating many of the war-wounded soldiers from the Iraq and Afghanistan operations
- Current Associate Instructor at the University of Colorado Plastic Surgery Residence
More about Dr. Cote
In addition to performing cosmetic procedures at FacesFirst, I also am a clinical instructor at Plastic Surgery Residence at the University of Colorado. I am happily married, with three young children. My family and I have traveled extensively throughout Asia and Europe. My wife and I are originally from the northeast and we now enjoy the active Colorado lifestyle, including hiking, skiing, sports and travel.
Dr. Christopher Cote and Dr. Nicolette Picerno are board-certified plastic surgeons practicing in Denver and Lone Tree, Colorado. They have over 40 years of combined experience together in facial plastic surgery. Both Dr. Cote and Dr. Picerno specialize in procedures like Facelift, Browlift, Facial Rejuvenation, Nose Surgery, and many other types of cosmetic procedures at FacesFirst.