What is Botox® Cosmetic?
Botox® Cosmetic is prescribed medicine that is a simple, nonsurgical treatment administered by professionals into the forehead, in between the eyebrows and into the crow’s feet around the eyes to relax the underlying muscles and smooth wrinkles with no downtime.
How does it work?
When injected, Botox® Cosmetic blocks the chemical signs from the nerve to the muscle and temporarily prohibits the muscle’s capacity to contract and create wrinkles. This relaxes and smooths the underlying muscles and wrinkles with no downtime, beginning within four to seven days of the injection. Repeat injections are necessary every three to five months to maintain the wrinkle-free appearance. Botox® Cosmetic has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates of all of our non-invasive procedures.
Where can Botox® Cosmetic be used?
Most common areas include:
- The forehead
- Between the eyebrows
- In the crow’s feet
Other areas include:
- The marionette lines which cause one’s lips to have a downturned appearance
- The chin to help with excessive dimpling
- The upper and lower lips to reduce smoker’s lines
- Under the nose to fix the “gummy smile”
- In the neck to soften the bands or ridges we often see as we age
- Underarms, scalp and/or feet to aid in sweating and malodorous feet
- In the masseter muscle to narrow the lower face and help alleviate TMJ pain
- Botox® Cosmetic has even been linked to reducing migraine headaches and easing depression.
View More Botox® Before & Afters
*actual patient of Botox® Cosmetic Surgery
Brilliant Distinctions® Program
Become a member of the Brilliant Distinctions® Program and receive rewards each time you receive Botox® Cosmetic treatment. Get points to redeem towards Allergan® products each time you visit FacesFirst for your Botox® Cosmetic appointment. Plus, receive reminders for upcoming treatment and information on new products.