If you’re starting to look older than you feel, you may be wondering if a facelift can help restore your confidence. However, many patients wonder if they’re at the right age for a facelift yet. The truth is, there is no “best age” for a facelift, and the right time depends on the aging signs you see and your personal preferences. A plastic surgeon can help you decide if you’re ready for a facelift through a careful consultation.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Before choosing a facelift, you should first be in good overall health. Most facelift patients have similar concerns and signs of aging. A facelift primarily addresses aging signs through the mid-to-lower parts of the face. Some signs you might benefit from a facelift include:
- Deep lines or folds around the mouth and nose, such as nasolabial folds
- Loose or sagging skin at the jawline, resulting in a poorly defined jawline
- Fat deposits at the neck causing a double chin or similar issues
What is the Average Age for a Facelift?
There is no “best age” for a facelift, because everyone shows signs of aging at different stages of their lives. The right time for a facelift depends on when you start to have more severe aging signs like deeper folds and wrinkles or sagging skin. On average, the youngest facelift patients are around 40, and older facelift patients are in their 60’s-70’s.
Choosing a facelift early may allow you to have a less invasive facelift through techniques known as a “mini-facelift,” “short scar facelift,” or “weekend facelift.” However, facelift results last about 10 years on average, so some patients who have a facelift at a younger age choose to have another procedure 10-20 years later. During a consultation, Dr. Picerno or Dr. Cote will recommend a personalized treatment plan that’s right for you and explain what you can expect.
Depending on your specific aging signs, the severity of your wrinkles and folds, and other factors, there are several facelift techniques that Dr. Picerno or Dr. Cote may recommend. Your facelift options include:
- Weekend Facelift, also known as a mini facelift, short-scar facelift, or S-lift, which addresses early skin laxity and sagging near the mouth and jawline through a less invasive facelift procedure. This option involves minimal downtime and a shorter overall recovery period.
- Lower Facelift, which is designed to treat issues like jowls, nasolabial folds, and sagging or wrinkles throughout the cheek , jawline and neck areas.
- Neck Lift, which reduces neck bands, removes excess fat from the neck using liposuction, and reduces the appearance of jowls or a double chin.
- Mid-face Cheek Lift, which addresses volume loss through the cheeks for a more youthful look.
Schedule a Consultation
To see if a facelift is right for you, the first step is a thorough consultation with Dr. Picerno or Dr. Cote at FacesFirst Cosmetic Surgery in Denver and Lone Tree, Colorado. Schedule your consultation by calling (720) 414-3332 or contacting us online.